A relationship should not focus on lust, which is an insistent sense of sexual and physical need. A successful relationship won’t rely solely on your sexual desire. It is about mutual feelings for each other and a Christ-centered relationship. There are temptations everywhere. Having a lustful relationship will not make your relationship stronger. It will only weaken your relationship since you focus on your sexual desires rather than your relationship with the guidance of our Lord. Women should know the boundaries whenever they are in a relationship and always trust their instinct the most, because a woman’s gut feeling is mostly true. Listen to your soul and ask for guidance from the Lord.
If you stay in a relationship because of lust, think twice, thrice, and a million times over. If you are in a lustful relationship you will feel this way:
– You feel that your girlfriend or boyfriend is your lover and not your friend. A foundation of a healthy relationship is friendship. It all starts with building a friendship and then eventually building a relationship as a couple. Thus, if you are having a problem in your relationship and you already have a foundation that you have built, it is easier for you to address some issues since you already know that person as a friend before you became a couple.
– You are interested in having sex rather than having a conversation
A healthy relationship should have a consistent conversation with one hello and asking the whereabouts of your boyfriend/girlfriend. The time will come that our body will change. Those tight skin will tend to lose as days pass and, age will add another number, but only conversation from each other will leave and stands as your daily communication to each other.
– You focus on a person’s looks and body. When it is love, you do not focus solely on physical appearance but on the attitude and well-being of a person too.
However, if you are in a healthy relationship that is guarded by love it means that:
– Spending quality time with your boyfriend/girlfriend is a must for you.
– Meeting her/his parents makes you happy since you want to know more about his/her family.
– You are vocal about your feelings to her.
– Motivating each other is one of the things that you love doing to her/him and reminding each other how great he/she is as a person.
Love is an exciting emotion to feel. It is bounded by two people who wants their relationship to work out. The next time you feel an urge about something, choose love rather than lust. A healthy relationship is having love and always being guided by God.